Toronto Ascended With Trance At Toika Lounge
Toika Lounge is usually known for bringing in ASOT trancers and the freshest progressive house talent to Toronto, but what about the local talents?
In late April, Impact Productions threw their first party at Toika Lounge, called “Ascension”. The line up featured Henry Yoong (Kid Zero), Saad Ayub and Gary Sagoo (Flux Muzik). Each one of them spun a very different vibe. The night began with Kid Zero spinning a very progressive set warming up the crowd. Saad Ayub played a lot of his mash-ups reaching 140BPM of mayhem and lastly Flux ended the night with a nice selection of tunes.
The venue filled up quickly; everyone was excited to see these locals hard at work spinning some exciting trance sets. The vibe was friendly; many familiar faces were seen in attendance inside Toika Lounge. Another element that made the event was the ASOT650 bake sale that helped raise funds to make ASOT 650 happen in Toronto. The team brought out all sorts of baked goods and had set up a station at an open area inside the club, something that you don’t always see. The bake sale was successful and added to the overall vibe of Ascension. A very awesome night full of great vibes and a good selection of tunes throughout were played. Great job to Impact Productions, Toronto can’t wait for more!
Ani Hajderaj can be found on twitter, follow him @anihajderaj.
- Brrrrr! Winter Music Festival Returns for a Second Year
- Destiny’s 10th FREAKOUT! Event
- Destiny Celebrates 20 Years with ANDY C
- Digital Dreams Music Festival Returns with Tiesto and Richie Hawtin
- BRRRRR! – Winter Music Festival Toronto Review
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays: Düzi – THRILLA
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays – Arcade Friday DJ Contest
- LOCAL TORONTO: Harlan Pepper
- LOCAL TORONTO: Paul Chin