Mix-Tape Wednesdays: Top 5 Favourite Essential Mixes of 2011
In three weeks 2011 is about to come to an end – bringing in a new year of music, mix-tapes and remixes. There was definitely one thing that changed and came to my attention this year with mix-tapes.. and that’s BBC Radio 1′s Essential Mixes. If you go on the official site you can vote for your favourite essential mix of the year. Unfortunately, I cannot just pick one, so I’ll list my top 5 favourite mixes.
Throughout this year, these essential mixes have blown up. More and more DJ’s and producers are getting the recognition they deserve because of this one to two hour mix. I think these essential mixes are also a good judgement of how DJ’s and producers perform during a live event – as most of these are recorded through a concert event. And to be honest with my readers, I find these mixes to be 100% accurate of what their actual playlist will be like. So next time, if you’re unsure about checking out a DJ/Producer at a show, listen to their essential mixes to get a feel.
You can check out the rest of the set list and DJ’s/Producers featured on the show in 2011 on the official website.
More updates to come.
- Constance Chan
- Weekly Roundup
- 8 Tips for Coachella 2013
- The Summer of EDM Festivals
- SXSW Mix-Tape – Benzi x Black Cards x Moodswing x Karmaloop
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays: Bag Raiders – January 2012 Mix
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays: A-Trak – Fool’s Gold Radio January 2012 Mix
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays: Iggy Azalea – Ignorant Art
- Favourite Albums of 2011
- Mix-Tape Wednesdays: OLIVER – Dirty Talk Minimix
- It’s an EDM Christmas?